You would be responsible for organising and planning weekly rehearsals, leading the band at our performances and helping our manager to organise the band's busy schedule.
The band is community-focused and we support a wide range of events and concerts. The music we play reflects this: it includes traditional pieces, marches, medleys, film scores and more. Our conductor would also be responsible for selecting suitable music for performances and working with our clients to discuss their musical requirements.
Applicants should be:
- able to show previous experience of wind band conducting at a high standard
- thoroughly understanding of the diverse range of wind band music
- experienced in organising and performing ceremonial events and parades/marches
- qualified to degree level or equivalent in music
- able to work flexible hours to support band rehearsals and engagements
Payment will be on a fixed-fee basis and successful applicants will report directly to the Band Manager.
Due to the demands of the role, it may be necessary to appoint more than one person to this position.
Please email Barry Frost for the full job description, which will contain details of how to apply.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 5 April 2017.
Interviews will be held at GMP Headquarters over the Easter period, with auditions with the band shortly after.
Email: Barry.Frost@GMP.police.uk Phone: 07500 033 247