The various GMP Band ensembles play a lot of concerts over the festive season, and it's a delight to be part of so many people's Christmas celebrations. The Wind Band particularly enjoy playing divisional carol concerts, which draw in packed crowds for a hearty sing-song, and usually a mince pie!
Here's where you can join in the seasonal spirit and sing along with classic carols. Please join the band and your local police officers…get ready to belt out 'Hark the Herald'!
- Hidden Gem Church, Manchester - 7 Dec at 7:30pm
- St. Luke's Church, Wythenshawe - 8 Dec at 7pm
- Manchester Cathedral Force Christmas Concert - 12 Dec at 7:30pm
- St Herbert's RC Church, Chadderton - 13 Dec at 7pm
- Salford Cathedral - 14 Dec at 7:30pm
- St. Mary's Church, Moston - 15 Dec at 7:30pm
- Holy Trinity Church, Stalybridge - 20 Dec at 7pm
- Bury Parish Church - 22 Dec at 7:30pm
For most of these concerts, there is no need to get a ticket in advance. Simply turn up on the evening.
Tickets for the Force Concert at the Cathedral are in high demand and are usually allocated before the event. Please contact GMP Communications team to see if there are any left, if you'd like to attend.
Our other ensembles will also be playing during the festive season, so check back for details of big band gigs, sax quartet performances and fanfare trumpets.